Marketing a business online can be hard work if you are starting from scratch. In addition, if you have no previous experience, it’s a problem knowing just how and where to start. And if you have virtually no Internet skills at all, where do you start?
I want to turn this on it’s head although it may not provide the answer for everybody, but sometimes it’s better to put the cart before the horse!
My attitude is this. Why make life any more difficult than it already is? If you have no particular business in mind, the answer is to find a business that comes with a marketing ‘system’ built-in. Unless you are dedicated to a particular product, say one of your own, then you’ll be looking for a business anyway and there are some very good ethical Internet ‘businesses in a box’ that you can buy into.
A critical factor for most of us is how much can we make and how long will it take before our endeavours bear fruit
Are You Prepared To Invest Sufficient Time And Money?
Most people are not prepared to invest enough financially to ensure the best value for money. The old saying that you get what you pay for is especially true when it comes to the Internet. Marketing an incomplete online business can be massively time consuming and frustrating.
If you are serious about an online business, don’t just jump into the first thing that attracts you and also consider a few of the basics below.
- How much time do you have available to put into your business? If you are not prepared to spend the equivalent of at least 2 to 3 days a week to begin with, I would say you are wasting your time and not really serious.
- If you have funds available, get a professional to build your website or at least make sure that everything functions correctly, especially if it involves e-commerce which it probably will
- Will you have an advertising budget? Advertising can attract interest quickly with good keyword optimised pay per click campaign on Google for example. And if you do it right you can keep your costs low but it is very easy to lose your shirt if you get it wrong, so be careful
- Ideally you should be writing articles several times a week and posting to the big directories and e-zines.
- You should create a blog, several in fact, along with audio and video and other web 2 stuff
For all but the most experienced and already successful there is a learning curve, perhaps several and there will also be the odd investment to make. There are some fabulous must have ‘tools’ and ‘services’. The best can be quite expensive but worth their weight in gold because they will save you masses of time and produce results that could never be achieved if done ‘by hand’
Attitude Is Everything
There are other issues we could add to the mix but there is one major factor that must be mentioned and that is your attitude.
Unless you are relentless in your efforts, above all else, you will likely fail in your business. Even with a well put together marketing strategy and a great product, there is no guarantee of success, but if you keep going, success will almost certainly follow.
The Internet is vast and each day more and more people are trying their hand at making their fortune online and this means more competition but the majority, perhaps as many as 90%, give up.
There are no quick fixes and longevity and perseverance is the key. You must keep going and keep studying and testing different marketing methods. Marketing is what will make or break your business
With even the best of the genuine Internet businesses, nothing is guaranteed but the rewards can be quite astounding when you persevere.
So Back To Marketing A Business Online
If you are about to market something of your own you will need to study everything you can find that relates to Internet marketing. The danger here is in becoming a perpetual student and never actually applying what you learn.
Marketing is the corner stone of any online business. It will eventually occupy up to 90% of your work activity, once your website (your shop front) is up and running.
The secret of marketing any online business is to become an expert marketer and this must be your goal. All online entrepreneurs rely on many different marketing methods and methods are evolving and changing constantly but the fundamentals remain the same. You must get targeted traffic (visitors) to your site and convert those visitors into your customers. Otherwise, no sales and so no business
But the beauty of it is that this work should eventually only occupy a few hours of your day on average and that’s when you start to live a very different lifestyle, one where you make the choices
A New Breed Of Online Entrepreneurs
There is a new breed of online entrepreneurs who are making a more than an excellent living with only one sale a month. Many, who try a bit harder, are making really big profits and 90% of their effort is automated
To be like them and live their lifestyle, you need to have an online business that includes the following
- Top quality, high commission products ($2000 and above)
- It pays you first
- Not dependent on building several levels of down-line (as in multi level marketing)
- Has a built in marketing system that just needs personalizing by you
- No products that you personally have to handle
- Does not require face to face or even telephone contact with buyers
Top Tier, Get Paid Today
A top tier, get paid today business in a box system, has to be the first choice for anyone serious about making a great living online today.
So why waste your time marketing an online business that keeps you in front of your computer for hours and hours a day with only meager rewards for all your efforts?
I’m sure you agree that you and your family deserve something much better.